Monday, October 8, 2018

Great Night for a Ride

Mary and I just got back from a little 20 mile ride on the White Pine Trail. We rode north up to Russel Road and then back. The trees along the trail are turning golden and some light rain earlier in the day put a shiny slick on the pavement and the already fallen leaves. There were many cyclists out on the trail tonight - more than I've seen on that stretch in a long time. Everyone probably wanted to get out an enjoy the 80 degree temps and relatively non-rainy conditions.

I also did a 20 mile ride on Saturday, going south on the WPT and then thru Riverside Park before heading back almost along the same route. Last Thursday I was on the northbound leg of the WPT again, riding to 15 Mile Road before turning around. A 22 mile round trip. That gives 62 miles in the last five days and 1,096 for the year, so far.

We leave for our ride in Santa Fe three weeks from tomorrow. Mary and I are going out a couple of days early to get acclimated to the altitude (7,199 feet above sea level) and do a little hiking. The ride takes place on November 3 and I'm getting close to my $5,000 goal. If you'd like to make a donation to help find a cure for Type 1 diabetes, please follow this link.

26 days until we ride in Santa Fe.

No comments: