Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Second November Ride

One of my friends from our Ride Team, Linda Thompson-Poeder, has set a goal to do a century ride each month this year. With the nice weather we've been having she picked yesterday as her day for November. I rode along for the first half and a couple other team mates rode the second half. Linda and I met at Riverside Park on the north side of Grand Rapids at 7:30 a.m. The skies were clear, but the temperature was only 40 degrees. We headed north on the White Pine Trail to Rockford where we stopped for some much needed coffee and a warm up. We also each handled a business call and then hopped back on our bikes and continued on to Sand Lake. This was our turnaround point and we shed a layer of clothes as the temp was now over 50. On our way south we spotted a small herd of deer, about 8 or 9 animals near the Rouge River. We watched each other until the deer scattered because I made a small noise trying to unclip. Linda and I got back to our cars with 48 miles under our tires. I headed home and she headed out to the Musketawa Trail in Marne. There she met up with our team mates Melanie and Derek and they helped Linda finish her November century.

1 comment:

Zoomy said...

Awesomesauce! Nice ride. This weather can stay around for the rest of the month, as far as I'm concerned. :)