Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Putting in the miles

Late this afternoon I got out for a ride and turned a conventional route into something a little more interesting. I started by heading north on the White Pine Trail. Nothing new there. My original plan was to just head up to Russell Road and then turn around and head home. But I was feeling good and I had time so I continued up to Indian Lakes Road...and turned left. Oooh, off the trail. Can you feel the excitement? I rode across the US-131 overpass and turned back south on Edgerton. This is a fun road. It flanks the highway but it twists and turns and has quite a few fun little hills. I got back to 12 Mile where I turned left again and then hooked up with the WPT for a very fast ride home. 25.5 miles in all, giving me 1,199 miles for this year. I probably should have added another half mile so I could have rolled over 1,200. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: