Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In like a lamb, Out like a summer day

Hard to believe today was the last day of March. It was sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's. In other words, nicer weather than most of last summer. Now we all know that Michigan weather can be a bit . . . unpredictable. No one who has lived in this state for more than a year would be surprised to see snow next week. So when the weather turns this beautiful, regardless of the month, you just gotta hop on your bike and go!
I went out today. Just a little jaunt north on the White Pine Trail and back. 22 miles round trip. I felt so good on the way out. I was surprised I was riding so well so early in the season. The reason was that I had a tail wind, as I found out when I turned around and started to head home. 20 MPH gusts straight out of the south. Luckily a large percentage of the WPT is tree lined and that helped knock down the wind. However in those areas where I was riding past farm fields my average speed was drastically reduced.
It's supposed to be nice for the next several days, so I'll have to get out again. Who wants to go with?

No comments: