Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Waiting for the return of my Cannondale

The ride in Killington did some very bad things to my road bike. It's in the shop getting four new brake pads, a new chain and a new cassette. Parts had to be ordered so I've been without my black and red beauty for almost a week. Luckily the old (as in heavy) mountain bike is still working, so I took that out over the weekend.

Abandoned gas station along the Kal-Haven Trail.

Mary and I and our son Ian, along with our friend Susan, rode the Kal-Haven Trail on Sunday. We started on the South Haven end and did about 15 miles. It's a flat gravel trail that was quite popular on Labor day weekend. It was great to get out on a perfect riding day. My Cannondale should be ready tomorrow, so I'll have it in time for this Sunday's team ride. Even though we are done with Vermont we still have about 10 West Michigan Riders heading for Death Valley. Ahh... heat.

No comments: