Monday, June 15, 2009

Feelin' Good

I had an unintentional athletic layoff. Between Jake's graduation open house and traveling for work, I didn't ride my bike, play basketball or work out at the gym for a week and a half. I was concerned that the 50 mile team ride yesterday was going to be very tough. But an amazing thing happened. I felt good. Really good. I kept a great pace. My back didn't hurt (which has been a problem this year). And I finished with a little energy (not much) to spare. I was quite surprised, then I figured it out. By taking that time off I actually gave my body a chance to heal. Imagine that. Not getting beat upon on the basketball court by 20 somethings and chasing crazy Melanie through forests on our mountain bikes gave me a chance to recuperate. Now it's time to go out and start beating on my body again. Killington is only 11 weeks away.

No comments: