Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday was a great day

Last night we showed the trailer for "More Than 100 Miles" at the Grand Rapids Bicycle Film Festival. It was very well received by the over 200 people in attendance. In fact several people told me it was the best film of the night. And it looks we'll be showing the completed film at next year's film festival, among other places.

But before we got to the Wealthy Theatre last night the sun came out, the temperature hit 50 degrees and the road was calling. So I pulled out my mountain bike and did a quick 5 miles along the Rouge River to Belmont and back. It felt great to be outside riding again. Earlier in the week I did 5 miles on a stationary bike in the gym. That was just exercise for the sake of exercise. Yesterday's 5 miles was pure joy. The warm sun, the cool air, the spray off my tires from the snow melt, all wonderful. Now I know that within a week we'll be back to sub 30 degrees and more snow, but it sure was fun to get on the road in February in Michigan.

No comments: