Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One for the road

Last night I got in what will probably be my last ride before we leave for Nashville. 16 miles at 16 mph along the White Pine Trail traveling from our house north to 12 Mile Road and then home. I saw several other cyclists out on the trail Everyone seemed to be in training mode, that is, riding solo, head down, quick nod as we pass. As usual the tricky part was going through downtown Rockford and avoiding the strollers and dog walkers. I know I've said this before but it would really help to have a white line painted down the middle of the trail. It would be a good visual clue to all the different trail users to stay on your side of the trail unless you are passing, just like you do on the road. I've seen this on other paved trails and I think it does help remind people not to use the entire width of the trail as they saunter along.

Our plan is to leave for Nashville at 7:00 a.m. on Thursday. I hope to post updates and photos both here and on Facebook. So follow along as we ride along. Four days until the JDRF Ride for a Cure in Nashville.

No comments: