Sunday, September 8, 2013

Big miles for Team Scheidel

We put in some serious mileage over the past week. Over the Labor Day weekend Mary and I went out for a 32 mile ride on Sunday and a 10 mile ride on Monday. Then on Wednesday I did a 22 mile solo ride in the Rockford area. Yesterday there was the odd Saturday team ride. Usually we ride on Sundays, but CycleCross season started today and several of our team mates compete in that. We started from Spring Grove Park in Ottawa County and did two loops totaling 60 miles. That gave me 124 miles for the week. I think it may be alright to start tapering off before the big ride in Nashville in less than two weeks.

Mary went out with two of our team mates today for a century ride. They rode 100 miles along the White Pine Trail and Kent Trails. That's a pretty flat route but still 100 miles is 100 miles. I'd say Mary is ready for Nashville.

Ian has started school at Aquinas College and his bike is in our garage. I asked him if he was going to get any riding in before we left for Nashville. He said "I think I'm strong enough." So I guess he's ready as well.

13 days until the Nashville Ride for a Cure.

No comments: