Sunday, May 16, 2010

Separate but equal

Mary and I ended up at separate rides today. She went on the team ride in Grand Haven and I took Ian to his soccer game and then went on a solo ride.
Mary's ride was 37 miles in very windy conditions out near Lake Michigan. She rode with about 25 members of the West Michigan Ride Team. It was her first ride in a couple of weeks because she's been so busy at the cake shop. (www.iloveConniesCakes.com)
After we got back from Ian's game I went out to check out the second half of the route for the team ride we'll be hosting next week. I put in 27 very hilly miles. Some of the hills were caused by backtracking when my original route turned into a dirt road. Still our team is in for quite a bit of climbing next week.
Oh, and Ian won his soccer game 2-1.

No comments: