Friday, May 22, 2009

Puttin' in the miles

Wednesday was the Ride of Silence. This is a memorial ride for all the cyclists who have been killed or injured by motor vehicles. The ride takes place at sites across the country. The Grand Rapids event started at Riverside Park, worked it's way through downtown to John Ball Park and then back. It was a very solemn ride complete with bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace". There were seven of us from the West Michigan Ride Team participating, plus I saw several other riders I know. After the 12 slow miles I sprinted the 8 miles back home for a 20 mile day.
Thursday I did a quick lunchtime ride with my neighbor Craig. We just went to 12 Mile Road and back along the White Pine Trail. It was absolutely perfect cycling weather. Sunny, warm and only slightly windy. We did an easy 15 miles.
Today Mary rode her bike to work. I have some errands to run this morning and I'm going to do those on my bike. Mary gets home from work early today because of the holiday weekend. We then pack up and head to Canton, Michigan for Ian's soccer tournament. That means no riding for a couple of days but we'll be okay.

No comments: