Friday, June 1, 2018

Spring Riding

Had a couple of nice rides this past week. We spent Memorial Day weekend, as we usually do, at the Hayes cottage on Paw Paw Lake. On Sunday we did our traditional ride around the lake with the whole group. That was only 13 miles and for the past six weeks Mary and I have ridden at least 20 miles on every Sunday. So while the rest of the group stopped when we returned to the cottage, Mary and I continued on and did a different loop heading through the farm land east of the lake. That route took us through the town of Watervliet. We ended up with a little over 21 miles in 90 degree temperatures.

Yesterday I went out to JDRF teammate Tom Miller's house in Grand Haven for his Thursday night ride.There were about 20 people there. I rode with the slow group. We did 22 miles at an average speed of 17 mph. That's a bit faster than I usually ride, but it was a good time. The fast group rode 29 miles and I'm not sure of their pace, but they pulled away from our group pretty easily about 5 miles into the ride.

Now that the weather has apparently warmed up for good, I'm hoping to get out at least three times a week. My goal for this year is 1,500 miles and because of our lousy Spring I'm behind pace to hit that goal.

No comments: